The Optical Theatre Film Festival 2017 Winners
The Optical Theatre Film Festival announced the winners of its third edition. This prestigious italian Festival received submissions from many talented filmmakers hailing from all around the world (USA, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Scotland, Norway, Italy, Spain, Perù, Philippines, Finland and many more...).
The best feature films and short films screened on November 30 and December 1 - 2 at the ex "Asilo Filangieri" located in Naples, Italy.
Congrats to all the winners and congrats to all the films selected!!!
- BEST FEATURE FILM, BEST EXTREME and BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Felipe Ríos ): Trauma (Chile – 2017) by Lucio A. Rojas;
- BEST SHORT FILM and BEST SPECIAL FX (Nick Nicolaou, Paul Katte and Lisa Cotterill): DaemonRunner (Australia – 2017) by Kiah Roache-Turner;
- BEST BIZARRE: Adam Peiper (Spain – 2015) by Mónica Mateo;
- BEST TRASH SHORT FILM: The Defiler (Finland – 2016) by Artturi Olavi Rostén;
- BEST ANIMATION and BEST MUSIC (Carvin Knowles): The Funhouse Waltz (New Zeland, USA – 2017) by Carvin Knowles;
- BEST DIRECTOR: Adrian Landeros - Purgatory (Mexico – 2017);
- BEST SCREENPLAY: Andy Collier and Toor Mian - Charismata (UK – 2017) by Andy Collier and Toor Mian;
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Fernando Ruiz - Charismata (UK – 2017) by Andy Collier and Toor Mian;
- BEST ACTOR: Bill Oberst Jr. - Dis (USA – 2017) by Adrian Corona;
- BEST ACTRESS: Kate Hoffman - Get My Gun (USA – 2017) by Brian Darwas;
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Maru Valdivielso - Adam Peiper (Spagna – 2015) by Mónica Mateo;
- BEST TRAILER: Svart Records: Vinyl for Pleasure (Finland – 2017) by Artturi Rostén.
Special award winners:
- HORROR ICON: Bill Oberst Jr. - Dis (USA – 2017) by Adrian Corona;
- BEST VILLAIN: Diana Ball - The Defiler (Finland – 2016) by Artturi Olavi Rostén;
- SPECIAL MENTION: Scars of Xavier (Germany – 2017) by Kai E. Bogatzki.